Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Recent Sell and buys (Jun 1 - Jun 14 2016)

Sold 1 position and Made some (hopefully good) purchases over the past 2 weeks. 

Sold

National Oilwell Varco (NOV)
Sold 35 shares of NOV at $34.95 - $3.95 comm. = $1184.35

Buys

Target (TGT)
18 shares of TGT at $67.06 + $3.95 comm. = $1211.03
3 shares of TGT at $66.08 = $198.24

Used the NOV sale to buy more shares of Target

Valero (VLO)
5 shares of VLO at an average price of $51.75 = $258.79

HollyFrontier Corporation (HFC)
8 shares of HFC at an average price of $25.21 = $201.68

Oil refineries are bleeding, but looks good long term. Small buy and may add a few more.

Flowers Foods (FLO)
5 shares of FLO at an average price of $18.12 = $90.60


Initiated a small position. Will buy more

Diageo PLC (DEO)
2 shares of DEO at $99.81 = $199.62

Astrazeneca (AZN)
5 shares of AZN at $27.15 = $135.75

Risky buy of UK/Europe stocks before BREXIT. But great companies and may buy more.

Nike (NKE)
2 shares of NKE at an average price of $53.70 = $107.40

Equity Residential (EQR)
6 shares of EQR at an average price of $64.18 = $385.12

Also purchased  a few shares of these ETFs:

VEA, VEU, VWO, VT, VGK


Total Investments (stocks) =  $2788.23

Long all stocks and ETFs except NOV. Thanks for reading. Please add your comments/suggestions on these buys.

Disclaimer: I am not a licensed investment professional. I am not liable for any losses suffered by any parties. Any information on this site is my opinion only and should not be used for investments of any kind. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice moves, you got a good price on your CVX considering where it was late last year! I just bought more FLO myself but I didn't get as good of a price as you did. I'm jealous! :-o

    Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments! I just got in on FLO, rather late than never. But CVX wasn't in my recent purchases. Did you mean a different stock? Thanks

      Delete
    2. Ohhh goodness, sorry about that. I'm guilty of looking at multiple blogs at once.

      Delete
  2. I have to say I'm happy to see someone jump aboard the apartment REITs. I think this is the first portfolio that I have seen with EQR in it. I added AVB and EQR to my watch list buy have not bought either yet. I think the apt. REITs are a good long term buy. I'm still following along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment. Apartment prices may have peaked (as more people start buying houses and historic low rates), but I believe the demand is still high. That's why they have taken a hit and hopefully a good purchase. I too have AVB and ESS on my list.

    ReplyDelete